Get out your Costumes! Make your Altars! It's a great time of year to be in Mexico! If you are looking for where to find Halloween and Day of the Dead goodies --- Check out Cancun's Market 22 (Behind the Fireman's Station on Tulum & Uxmal)!!
Here is the rundown of local events: (Details are still coming in -- so check back to this page for updates.)
- October 27th: Day of the Dead Altar Contest.
- October 28th: Halloween Festival and Costume Contest. Puerto Morelos Town Square. 5 p.m. Music, Dancing, Food, & Local Artist will also be there! Kindly sponsored by The Little English Schoolhouse.
- October 29th: Xcaret will have their annual Day of the Dead Parade on 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen. Parade starts at 7 p.m. Put on your best skeleton paint and be there to get organized at 6 p.m. if you wish to join in the parade!
- October 31st: Children's Costume Parade.
- October 31st: Cantina Habanero's Annual Halloween Party! Dress to Impress -- There will be prizes! Music and Fun starts at 8 p.m.
- October 30, 31 & November 1, 2: Xcaret Day of the Dead Festival! If you haven't been, this is definitely a "MUST-DO"!!! We make a point of going each year. They fill Xcaret with altars, poetry readings, theatre, local foods, flowers. It is INCREDIBLE -- for adults and kids alike. Check out their website link above for more info and the daily programs.
Here's my account of our visit last year!
Local Puerto Morelians: Tickets are Free! Check any local paper or radio station. All of them are distributing the tickets (not being given through Xcaret). Must present your credencial or FM3/2 to be eligible for the tickets.
These are all posted on the Puerto Morelos Events Calendar. You can find the Events Calendar at the bottom of our blog or on our Mayan Riviera Properties Website.
Twitter and Facebook Readers can view the original post and leave comments at: PuertoMorelosBlog.com.
Amber Pierce-Schulz is the Broker/Owner of Mayan Riviera Properties, specializing in Puerto Morelos Real Estate and Puerto Morelos Vacation Rentals. We are members of AMPI and Federally Certified Realtors.