Here is the calendar of events, along with the phone numbers of event coordinators if you have any questions...(Any changes will be updated directly to this post):
OCTOBER 31ST -- HALLOWEEN -- All Events Held in Town Square (in front of ocean):
- 4:30 - 7 p.m. TRICK or TREAT -- Houses are being instructed to put a balloon on their gate if they are going to be handing out candy. Dress up in your best spooky crazy costumes and meet the organizers at 4:30pm. They'll be leaving at 5 p.m. from the park to tour the houses and stores to receive your treats. (Cece Glover 998 1097329)
- 7 p.m. HALLOWEEN COSTUME COMPETITION -- Awards will be given for best costume for the children 12 & Under. (Catriona Brown 998 1598890) [The awards for other age groups will be given at 8:10 p.m.]
- 7:30 p.m. THEATRICAL PRESENTATION -- The Casa de Cultura Theater Group will have a Halloween presentation.
- 8 p.m. HALLOWEEN COSTUME COMPETITION -- Let's go crazy this year with original ideas! Your costumes will be judged in the Park with mood lighting and sounds on the Halloween Stage. Ages: 13-21 and Over 21!!! Also a prizes for the best costume on a pet! (Catriona Brown 998 1598890)
- 8 p.m. BEST DRESSED HOUSE OR STORE -- Dress up your house or store. Judges will be coming around on the night of 30 October, the night before!, to see what crazy things you have done to Halloween your house!!! Please let us know if you are going to participate so we can make sure the judges will visit your house!! (Frank Reams 998 1836713 or Mitzy )
- 9 p.m. DANCE OF THE DEAD -- ...ooooohhhhhaaaahhhhhYIYEEEE Spooky music and dancing (Laura Alcantar 2069015) for everyone!
NOVEMBER 1ST -- ALL SAINTS DAY -- All Events Held in the Colonia's Square:
- 7 p.m. THRILLER MUSICAL -- Micheal Jackson and other celebrities ;) will be performing! It's a professional act and should be great!
- 8 p.m. THEATRICAL PRESENTATION -- The Casa de Cultura Theater Group will have a Halloween presentation.
- 8:30 p.m. CLASSIC LEGEND & STORYTELLING -- Mexico has a rich tradition in legend and storytelling. Come to see the tales being told!
- 9 p.m. DANCE -- Dance in Square with Live Music
- FOOD & EXHIBITS -- Preview the Altar and Calavera entries before tomorrow's winner is announced (see below), food, and traditional handicrafts and customs for the Day of the Dead.
NOVEMBER 2ND -- DAY OF THE DEAD -- All Events Held in Cemetary/Colonia's Square:
- 5 p.m. CATHOLIC MASS/BLESSING -- To be held in the Cemetary, where all of the graves will have been decorated in traditional styles. Great chance to see the decorations, ceremony, and flower vendors of this traditional event.
- 6 p.m. DECORATION OF GRAVES -- Also held in Cemetary, following the mass. Families will have decorated the graves of loved ones. Great opportunity to see/learn more about this tradition. (Guadalupe Aldecua 998 2324574)
- 7 p.m. CALAVERA READING & WINNERS ANNOUNCED -- Want to write a Calavera? It's a type of poem, written as a eulogy for someone living or dead, often written to be a joke/funny. The best will be read at this time and the winners announced. (Want to enter one? Contact Andres Uscanga 998 8454376)
- 7:30 p.m. ALTAR CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED -- Try your hand at making a traditional altar decorated with candles, flowers, and photos. Each state has a different way of doing the altars -- learn the yucatecan style! (Want to enter one or help with one? Contact Isla 998 1105403)
- 8 p.m. ALL SAINTS COSTUME CONTEST -- This costume contest will chose those with the best saint costume! (Isla 998 1105403)
- 9 p.m. DANCE PERFORMANCE -- Professional Dancers wrap up a fun event.
Photo Credit: teenormous.com