- Last week there was a town meeting to get ahead of any possible proposals out of Cancun to have Puerto Morelos host a garbage site for Cancun. There is a group that is making petitions that will be submitted indicating that we do not want a garbage site in Pto. Morelos for Cancun garbage. They have said that they will be leaving petitions at our office that folks can come by and sign at your convenience. I'll let you know when we get them. This group also has a Facebook Page so that you can follow the progress.
- There is a Free Latin Dance Demonstration at the Casa de la Cultura this Wednesday. See my previous post for details.
- Some time ago, I reported that Mexico was going to be cracking down on pharmacies dispensing antibiotics without a prescription. That day has come. Starting August 25, there are going to be some big fines for pharmacies dispensing these antibiotics without a doctor's prescription.
- For those of you who love all things Mexican, I have found a new blog -- Mexchic -- that features beautiful Mexican handmade goods available for sale. I LOVE the sweater they just posted!
- Next week our office will be closed on the 13th in observance of Mexican Independence September 16th. Viva Mexico!
Twitter and Facebook Readers can view the original post and leave comments at: http://www.PuertoMorelosBlog.com