I am always fielding questions about the Dragon Mart project. So -- here's my update (if you can consider it that) ---
The truth of the matter is that I am not certain anyone knows for sure what is happening:
- A newspaper this week had a headline reading that the permits were a go.
- The municipality president, Julian Ricalde stated this week that the project was more dead than alive.
- Dragon Mart investors have threatened lawsuit against the environmental activists
- The project is being debated in the Federal Congress and seems to be falling on sympathetic ears.
So -- moral of the story -- I don't know, other than it's a mess.
In other news, it seems that the State Government is investing $70 million pesos in improvements to infrastructure in Puerto Morelos specifically siting:
- Beach accesses
- Beautification/urban image with respect to tourism
- Resurfacing of roads in town and in Ruta de los Cenotes
Those of you who received this post via email, some embedded items -- like videos -- cannot be seen. You will need to click the title of the blog to be taken directly to the post to view the full content.
Twitter and Facebook Readers can view the original post and leave comments at: PuertoMorelosBlog.com.
Amber Pierce-Schulz is the Broker/Owner of Mayan Riviera Properties, specializing in Puerto Morelos Real Estate and Puerto Morelos Vacation Rentals. We are members of AMPI and Federally Certified Realtors.