There are several ongoing community activism projects that are ongoing. I wanted to share them with you, in case you want to be involved.
Dragon Mart:Readers know that I have written several updates on the pending Dragon Mart construction project. Here on this blog, I have been skeptical about how it benefits Mexico's economy in the long term. In addition, there others echoing the economic impact on Mexican manufacturing and environmental impact issues related to the construction of the project.
There are 2 petitions.
- One will be presented to Julian Ricalde, President of our Municipality. Click Here to View & Sign the Petition.
- The other will be presented to the President Calderon of Mexico: Click Here to View & Sign the Online Petition.
Dolphinarium at Moon Palace:The Moon Palace is expanding their dock to accommodate a dolphinarium for "Swim with Dolphin" type of activities. Activists are protesting this activity -- which is within our National Park. Here is the article with photos of the signs that citizens have hung on the dock posts which have been installed.
Expansion of the Commercial Pier in Puerto Morelos to include Fuel Refill Capabilities:
This opportunity is for those Puerto Morelians with their IFE or FM2/3.
To complete this petition:
- Download this letter
- Change the 2 XXXXXXX places to your full name
- Print Letter
- Sign your signature at the bottom
- Make a copy of your ID: FM2/3 or IFE
- Submit the completed letter and copy of your ID to the National Park Office
Those of you who received this post via email, some embedded items -- like videos -- cannot be seen. You will need to click the title of the blog to be taken directly to the post to view the full content.
Twitter and Facebook Readers can view the original post and leave comments at: PuertoMorelosBlog.com.
Amber Pierce-Schulz is the Broker/Owner of Mayan Riviera Properties, specializing in Puerto Morelos Real Estate and Puerto Morelos Vacation Rentals. We are members of AMPI and Federally Certified Realtors.