- Mayan Riviera Properties is hard at work on a completely new website. It's in the beginning stages and still has a long way to go, but we're very excited. It will be cutting edge in our industry! I'll let you know when it goes live.
- I am getting my Permanent Resident status at immigration. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. A 'YAHOO IT'S FINALLY HERE!' celebratory blog to (hopefully) follow.
- With my shiny, new permanent resident status, I can no longer keep my car with foreign plates in Mexico. So, I am planning to ship it back to the U.S. and sell it. If it actually arrives on U.S. soil safe and sound, I'll share all of the info that I have regarding the process. If it doesn't, then that's what insurance is for, right?!? ;)
If a temporary resident is interested in buying my Fully Loaded 2008 Yukon XLT (just like a GMC Suburban), I would be happy to sell it. $58,000 USD new. Selling for $23,000 USD. We would need to drive to Belize one day to transfer title into your name and re-import it under your name. Call me soon if you are interested.
- Once I have my resident card, I plan to apply for my Q. Roo Driver's License since I'll finally be able to keep it for longer than a few months. I'll keep you posted on what it entails.
- I'll also be buying a new car here in Mexico. So, more to come on that topic as well.
- I have an appointment this week to learn lots about Ejido properties from an ejido attorney. I'll share what I learn with you.
- We are going to be doing a new informational video series. Do you have a topic that you want us to cover? If so, let us know! We are open to suggestions.
- Have you heard I am moving? Someone just asked me for the 1 millionth time today. Interesting. Last time I checked I don't have moving on my calendar.
Let me check my trusty Google Calendar again; maybe I missed the memo. Hmm... Nope. Still not there.
- Josh and I bought a travel trailer for our annual summertime vacations with the boys. For those of you who know about our previous National Lampoon's Vacation in a rented RV a couple of summers ago, you should be having a good laugh at this news.
I have given my mother a standing power of attorney that states if I return wearing tube tops that she has my permission to sell the trailer. Her response was a laugh and to say that I would be the 'Camping Queen'. So, stay tuned for our summertime travel blog I've tentatively named, "Tiaras & Tube Tops". =)
- In preparing for our summer travels, I was planning to take our dog. Since we have the trailer now, you know.
Turns out that flying a Mastiff is really hard. Her #700 size kennel doesn't fit in the cargo door of most airplanes -- only 757s and bigger. Her breed requires her to be flown in a special cage ($2000 USD). Some airlines won't take her at all due to her also being considered brachiocephalic, a dog with a shorter nose. A combination of those 3 factors meant that every airline was eventually crossed off of the list. Long story short, if we want to take her we have to drive her.
Moral of the Story: Consider a lap dog.
Another fun idea is cooking, but too early to blab just yet. If it happens, I'll keep you posted!
Those of you who received this post via email, some embedded items -- like videos -- cannot be seen. You will need to click the title of the blog to be taken directly to the post to view the full content.
Twitter and Facebook Readers can view the original post and leave comments at: PuertoMorelosBlog.com.
Amber Pierce-Schulz is the Broker/Owner of Mayan Riviera Properties, specializing in Puerto Morelos Real Estate and Puerto Morelos Vacation Rentals. We are members of AMPI and Federally Certified Realtors.