If you need any additional information about any of the places mentioned, contact our concierge for more info: Info@MayanRivieraProperties.com
- Massage! Get a massage at Spa Ceiba del Mar; With a Local Masseuse: Martina, Feranado, or Ricardo; or head out to the Jungle Spa!
- Read! Nothing better than reading on a rainy day! You can stop by Alma Libre Bookstore to pick up a great read. (FYI: Alma Libre is currently closed for the off-season.)
- Cooking School! Puerto Morelos has its very own cooking school. Learn how to make a traditional Mexican feast!
- Bowling! There is a wonderful bowling alley in Paseo Cancun. They even have automatic bumpers that will allow little ones to bowl too! [See my recent blog about the bowling alley here.]
- YAK! Yak, what we know as BINGO, is quite fun and a great way to pass some time. The cards are cheap and there are usually good sized pots. I won 2500 pesos last time I was there! Located in the Plaza Las Americas Mall in Cancun. Although it is a great way to brush up on your Spanish Numbers, you don't need to speak Spanish to play -- they have a giant board that lights up with the numbers being called.
- Movies! The VIP Cinema in the Plaza Las Americas Mall in Cancun is INCREDIBLE! Leather Recliners; Waiters that bring you beer, popcorn, sushi; and State of the art sound and screen --
It is, by far, the nicest movie theater I've ever been in. Click here to see current listings.
- Shopping! There are a variety of shopping malls in Cancun. The following are indoor ones that are better suited to shopping in the rain: Plaza las Americas in Downtown Cancun; Kukulcan Plaza in the Cancun Hotel Zone with it Luxury Avenue of top notch (and price) brands; and Plaza Caracol in the Cancun Hotel Zone.
Do you have another favorite activity or place to be when it's raining? Leave a comment and share it with others...